Sunday, February 21, 2010

Skinny Jeans, Uggs and old people


Even to your old age and grey hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.  Isaiah 46:4
 
Yesterday my Facebook status read:

going to a concert tonight with our youth group. Maybe I should borrow a North Face jacket, skinny jeans and some Uggs to try and fit in. Thinking about how I'm going to feel in the morning with ringing ears, aching bones and sleep deprivation. Hmmmm, am I getting too old for this behavior.......we shall see!

(here is part of our group at WinterJam)


Despite not rockin’ Uggs, skinny jeans or a North Face - I survived our trip to WinterJam with our youth group last night.  This arthritis laden chick was breakin’ it down to some Newsboys, Tenth Avenue North and Fireflight (even though I continuously called them Firefly).


Four hours of sleep found me feeling pretty chipper this morning.  (As Gomer Pyle would say, “Surprise Surprise Surprise!).   Even woke up to the Newsboys playing in my head. 

 “Because the toast is burned and all the milk has turned and Captain Crunch is waving farewell. When the big one finds you may this song remind you that they don't serve breakfast in hell.
 
I was feeling pretty hip and cool  kewl hanging with the youth when I was brought back to my reality.  One of the most comical moments of the night was when I found myself trying to find the bathroom when intermission happened. I was not expecting to get stuck in the middle of 5,000 teens.  Out of nowhere they appeared.  Talking, texting, giggling, texting, jumping, texting. 

I suddenly found myself stuck in a sea of teenagers.  Talk about a panic attack waiting to happen!  Wall to wall kids.  I couldn’t move to the right or to the left.  Teen traffic was at a stand still.  So much for my bathroom break.  All I could do was pray I could "hold it" and that these kids didn’t start body surfing their way to the popcorn stand including me in their mosh-pit.  


 In the midst of  trying to squeeze through the chaos someone stepped stomped on my foot!  (No doubt it was an Ugg wearer).   The foot stompin' crazy quickly apologized to me then loudly exclaimed to their buddy , “Hey dude, watch out for the old people!”.   Old people?  SERIOUSLY?  I must need a hearing-aid because I KNOW he didn't just say that.  Me=an old person.  Was it the fact that I can’t text and walk at the same time that gave it way?  My lack of Uggs?   Sigh—whatever gave it away there is no doubt they were referring to little old me!    

Well, all I can say is I am so glad my Jesus loves us old people too!!  


I'll leave you with some of my new favorite verses: 

I've been carrying you on my back from the day you were born, And I'll keep on carrying you when you're old.    I'll be there, bearing you when you're old and gray. I've done it and will keep on doing it, carrying you on my back, saving you.  Isaiah 46:4 MSG


And this verse:


Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.  Proverbs 16:31




Let’s not forget this one:




Job 12:12 Is not wisdom found among the aged?  Does not long life bring understanding?

Now I better go buy some of this:







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails