Monday, August 15, 2011

It's time to fly

To quote my hubby from earlier today, "The little bird is about to leave the nest.".   Indeed.  Indeed.  I couldn't help but take a quick picture today of this cute sight from her room:



Meet Scruffy.  Scruffy is Jo's BBF (best bear forever.).  If Scruffy could talk he could share some major stories.  Scruffy use to follow Jo around everywhere.  He's gone on a gazillion trips and he even went to Europe with her on two mission trips.  Like any best buds, Jo and Scruffy have been through thick and thin together.  And of course, as one might expect they have been through countless childhood illnesses.  Through it all, they made it; Jordyn through life's growing pains and Scruffy through many wash cycles.  After today, I am happy to report it looks like they are off on another adventure together.  It sure makes this mom's heart happy knowing my baby won't be alone at college.  If I can't go with her, I'm glad Scruffy can.   Glad to know she's not flying solo.

Speaking of flying solo, I randomly just  realized my Editor-in-Chief (that's Jo) will no longer be sitting by me in on the sofa when I need a quick proof on my blog. (Oh dear...I need the Kleenex again.....) so I hope the typo's are not too many in future posts.  Please bear with me (bear with me!....I crack myself up at times.)

In all seriousness my soon to be empty-nest is nothing compared to the many trials and hardships many are facing right now.   So many are struggling with job loss, health problems, marital issues, financial woes, etc.  If you read my blog regularly then you know I am a huge believer in the supernatural power of prayer.  I want to pray for you.  If I can intercede for you in any way, please just leave me a comment or shoot me an email and I'll be praying for you.  You are loved!!

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails