Friday, August 01, 2008

Support C28

Wow! Our last night of 'vacation' landed us at Short Pump Mall. (Soon I'll be posting more and some pics from our travels to Carolina Beach and Wilmington...and oh, yeah Maggie MOOS!!!).

Back to the here and now:Recently I heard about a new Christian apparel store that had opened in SPM. Tonight, we were able to check it out, first hand.

Let me tell you it was GREAT!! I was so impressed with this place. Very creative designs (not cheesy T-shirt graphics...know what I mean??!!). The walls were covered with Scriptures, Christian music and CD's playing, a Bible on the "check out" counter and get this: They ask you for prayer request when you pay and then they even pray with you IN THE STORE!!!

Be sure to check this place out! Here is their national web site: http://www.c28.com/
I wish I could have bought a few T-shirts ...maybe next time (gift card for Cmas??? SURE!). Anyway, here is what I would have bought (w/ shirt description from their website).

I use to always quote this to my girls! "Go to the ant!!" ha ha

At first glance, this may seem like just a pattern design; however, with a closer look you will see the classic NOTW logo morphing into the shape of an ant! Above this clever artwork is a call to action, BE THE ANT! As God says through His word, do not be lazy, but work diligently like the ant! The scripture on the back come from Proverbs 6:6-11.

So often we look down on ourselves. We think we're not good enough, pretty enough, or smart enough, and tend to fall into self-pity. We are always looking for man's approval, but in God's eyes, we are perfect, through Christ! And so the Psalm 42:5-6 was used as inspiration for this shirt. This psalm is a prayer about putting your hope in God and realizing we are perfect just the way God' made us! The wings on the back of the shirt symbolize this hope and how we can be lifted up by keeping this hope in mind.
"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you." - Psalm 42:5-6

I'll leave you with some pics Jordyn took on her celly tonight while we were at the best place on earth...that's right Maggie Moos (thank you Cheryl for my gift card!!) More vacation pics coming soon!

(yes, he's making those faces again! ha ha)


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails