Friday, April 23, 2010

There's No Place Like Home


We had the sheer pleasure of traveling to Pike's Peak today.  The summit was closed (due to ice and snow) but we were able to drive to around 13,000 feet.  I have never seen anything more beautiful.  Adding to the beauty was the fact I was able to play in the snow (again).  Jim pulled over so I could "play".  I took off running and realized very quickly it was not the typical "Virginia" snow I am familiar with.  I expected to dash through the snow but found myself knee deep and falling.  (It was fun though).


We were greeted by a precious little fox (he reminded me of Tilli):



I was looking for Bigfoot---but never saw him.  (imagine that!)





Spend the afternoon and night with my girls.







As to be expected, I am feeling sad about leaving Amanda and baby Jaelynn tomorrow but we have been so blessed to be here with them the past eight days.  The trip was as close to perfect as it could have been.   I have made Amanda promise me that she would send me a picture EVERY day so I can see my precious Baby Bella.



As Dorothy said, "There is no place like home".  With that thought, I'll go click my heels!








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails