Thursday, October 21, 2010

Flashing Back

I am in a nostalgic mood for some reason, I guess it is just 'In The Air Tonight'.   Tomorrow is Friday.  Flashback Friday for many radio stations and even blog sites.  I like to flash back on occasion.   'Time After Time' my flashback always lands me back in the 80’s.   For years, I have tried to pass along my 80’s Culture to my girls (after all, 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun', right?).  I have attempted to teach the girls to moonwalk so they can 'Bust a Move like their dear 'ol mom.  (Yes, these dance lessons with the girls often occurred in our socks on the kitchen floor during what we called our P.E. time in our home school years).
   
 I loved the 80’s.  The music, the clothes (well, not really the clothes) but I especially loved the 80’s BIG hair.  My inner 80’s girl has teased and sprayed my hair for 20 plus years.  I tried to pass along the tease and spray to the girls too. Amanda is almost there. Jordyn, on the other hand, is rather 'Straight Up' and detests teasing and spraying with a passion.

One recent night after prayer meeting, (I can't resist inserting this song: Living On A Prayer), a dear friend of mine and I were discussing hairsprays.  I have been searching for a new product because the one I had used for years was recently discontinued. ('I Can’t Go For That').  We had confession time and admitted we were both holding on to the 80’s crunchy hair.   My friend recommended I try her hairspray. (Thank you Evelyn M., I owe you big time!!) It was love at first spray.


 All I can say is that it is most definitely the crunch-tastic spray I have been longing for and after all, that is 'My Perogitive'.


For Flashback Friday, I had to dig out one of my favorite old pictures of my oldest daughter, Amanda.  This was taken after our trip to the Pumpkin Patch when she was about two. (can I just insert 'Thriller' at this point in the post since I have been dying to include it and can't find the right place??  Thanks!)



Amanda recently sent me this picture of herself with her own little “pumpkin”




While scanning the above pictures into the computer, Jordyn asked me what I was doing.  I told her I was looking for pumpkin pictures for my flashback Friday post.  Poor Jordyn—we don’t have one picture of her with a pumpkin.    Jordyn commented that the fact that we have "no pumpkin pictures is just one more way she was jipped by being born last."

So, Jordy—here is a Flashback picture of you so you don’t feel jipped.



Speaking of Jordyn she recently took some photographs ('Freeze Frame') for us.  She wanted to practice her photography and play around with some lighting.  Here are a few of her shots:








For all of you that read this blog, I appreciate you letting me be my goofy self. If you know me, you know I am not 'Too Shy'.   If you really need something inspirational, then for all my 'Sister Christians' (my CCF Peeps), how about: 'Don't Stop Believing'!!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails