Friday, February 25, 2011

I heart Fridays

Whoa?  It's Friday again?  Where does the time go?  Friday is good because that means it's time to link up with my buddies at Company Girl








My youngest daughter is in an upcoming production of Aladdin presented by Christian Youth Theater.  Tech week begins this week and while it will be wide open around our home, I know all the hard work Jordyn and the other cast members have put into the show will be worth it.  (I'll post pictures soon). 


With all the recent 'drama' and talk of theater that has been a buzz in our home the past few months, I keep reflecting on a quote I heard from Priscilla Shirer in her "He Speaks To Me" video.  She said, 


"On the stage of life, if you are too busy playing someone else who is going to play you?"


This hit home for me.  Like many women, so many times I find myself comparing my life to others.  Of course I know better but I still do it!  Even when looking at blogs, I find myself wishing I had better writing skills, or wanting to be more crafty so I could post one of those cool "how to tutorials".  (I could post a "how-to-burn-everything-you-cook-and-make-the-smoke-detector-go-off-every-meal tutorial". lol).  Seriously, I am thankful for the recent reminder I have received.  God made me "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalms 139) for His purposes.  I am unique and I am His original.   You, too, are fearfully and wonderfully made in a unique and special way for His plans (and He has plans for each of us!!)  I pray I can keep my eyes focused on Him and obey what He has called me to do so I can glorify Him in every part of my life.  I pray this for you too!  


I'll close with one of my favorite quotes by John Mason:


You were born an originalDon't die a copy



post signature

**By the way, thank you all for the kind comments regarding the exam I took last week.  I passed!!!!   I am still in shock and I give The Lord ALL the credit as I had not taken an exam since I was in high school. I have one more portion of testing to go through in a few months.  Lord willing, my goal is that at the end of this journey I will be state leveled and will be able to freelance as an interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing.  I'll keep you posted and I appreciate your prayers. I trust The Lord will lead and direct my steps in this area of my life.   

11 comments:

Diane said...

Congrats on the exam! I'm sure the next will go as well - but still ask us to pray for you, so we can have the privilege of doing that!

Your granddaughter is a darling "Pepita". So cool to have family traditions and inside jokes the way you all do - laughter is the glue that binds families together!

Leah Adams said...

Becky,

Thank you for stopping by over at The Point. I pray you found something to bless you there.


Leah

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Kudos to you for passing the test. I know the Lord definitely has great things in store for you!

Our daughter loved the theater growing up and I have such fond memories of sharing those times with her. Now, she's all grown up and I sit wondering where the time went. :o)

Loved the quotes! I'm facilitating Priscilla Shirer's Bible Study, "One in a Million" right now. A tremendous study!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! So proud of you for passing your exam. I know you'll do great on the next one as well. Love you bunches!!
~Chanda

Jen said...

Congrats on passing your exam!
Ouch! Thanks for sharing today, that hit a little close to home.
Have a wonderful weekend and good luck on the next step of your journey!

Marianne said...

I am just giggeling here I am reading about Pete and Pepita.
It is hard to keep it real when you read all these blogs, but I have found that the ladies that are in the company girls are all very real and original. I have been enjoying my Friday evening here where I have been jumping from one blog to the other.
Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I like that quote.

Congrats on passing the exam!! Woohoo! That is great news? My girls watch the Signing Time DVDs and they love love love them! My older one learns about 10 signs each week or so, and my younger one learns 2-3. We sometimes try to have "conversations" using sign language and my husband is just lost. Haha He does learn a few here and there when we teach him. Anyhow, good luck on the next exam. What does it entail?

Janet Benlien Reeves said...

Great quotes! Thank you.

secondofwett said...

Congratulations on passing the exam..don't think I could do that if my life depended on it! How fortunate that you are able to have your kids involved in a christian theatre group. My one daughter would just love that but unfortunately there's nothing like that around our neck of the woods! Have a great wknd!

One More Equals Four said...

Congrats on passing the exam. I missed last week, but I am really excited for you!

Thanks for the encouraging words, what a blessing! Hope you have had a great weekend!

CindyC said...

Those are great quotes. Because they're so true.

Congratulations on passing your exam! That's a wonderful goal.

P.S., I would love to read a "how to burn everything you cook" tutorial. If anything, it would be worth a terrific laugh. :) I dare you to it for fun one day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails