Thursday, March 03, 2011

Swimmies

Last night, as I was preparing for bed I started feeling overwhelmed, tired worried, and fearful.  The Lord is leading me in a few new directions in my life.  While I am excited I feel a bit anxious and am battling the famous "what if I can't" thoughts.  I was prinking (my word for praying + thinking) about these new adventures when I had a vision (in my mind's eye) of being in the deep end of an Olympic sized pool.  Olympic swimmers were doing laps around me. I was unable to swim but was treading water with everything I had to stay afloat.  Treading left me tried and overwhelmed in the "deep end" of the pool.  In my mind's eye vision,  'swimmies' appeared on my arm to keep me afloat.  I stopped fighting and just started floating.   


Photo from Amazon.com 

I knew the Lord had given me this picture as He was reminding me that He alone is my help, my refuge and my strength if I will just stop fighting, let go and trust Him.

This morning my friend and prayer warrior buddy (Hi Cane!) sent me a link to check out.  It was very timely and it confirmed what The Lord was speaking to me last night.  

Blogger Sara (over at Gitzengirl ) is the guest writer today for  (in)courage.   Please take a second and hop over there and check out what she wrote entitled "Helpless".  I believe it will speak to you too!!

Have a blessed and happy "Thankful Thursday!"

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil!  Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best.  Proverbs 3:5-7 The Message  






post signature

1 comment:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I love your word "prinking." I will have to "borrow" it. May the Lord still your soul as you trust Him on this journey. Many blessings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails