Friday, February 01, 2008

Pursuing Him At All Times (P.H.A.T.)

Can you believe we are at the end of January? The end of the first month of 2008. My goodness. I like January. I enjoy a "fresh" start. I must confess that I am one of "those" that makes New Years Resolutions. I always have. I like to write them down and then check them from time to time, year to year to see if I am making progress. Interestingly enough, I seem to make the same resolutions every year.

I guess it comes as no surprise that number one on my list each year is to shed a few pounds that I gained during the holidays. I know that my 72 ounce bag of chocolate chips at Christmas didn't help.

I heard a verse a few weeks ago at the Community Bible Study that I attend that got me to thinking. Lynne, our Teaching Director shared Psalms 65:11. Here is the NIV version:

11 You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance.

Now look at the Amplified Version:
11You crown the year with Your bounty and goodness, and the tracks of Your [chariot wheels] drip with fatness.

His carts overflow with abundance, drip with fatness. It is there for us to take. I want all He has for me. I want to take in more of His Word, I desire more of Him. So, I want to get "FAT" this year, "fat" in The Lord. I want to sit and let His drippings cover me as I study His Word and as I humble myself and seek His face in prayer.

As many of you know, shedding weight takes work. It takes determination. It is hard. It doesn't come natural. After a few weeks, many just quit, let's be honest, we just get lazy. But we must stay the course if we want results. The same is true if we want to "get fat" on God's Word. It takes work. It takes determination. It is hard. It doesn't come natural. If we quit surrounding ourselves with The Word, or if we get lazy and neglect our personal study time, we will start to shrivel. We must stay the course. We must adjust our schedules and make time to sit in His presence for Bible reading/study and for prayer. We must do this daily! Time is short.


We must be about HIM! Pursuing Him at ALL times (Interestingly enough that last sentence would make the acrostic of P.H.A.T! ).

So, how about you? Do you want to get "PHAT" with me? Let's determine to grow in God's Word and to grow in prayer in 2008 and pursue HIM at ALL times.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails