Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Throwing Stones? Not Me!

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:6-7

I simply can not be quiet a second longer. Give me a BREAK! Wasn't it not long ago that the media was celebrating with glee Jamie Lynn Spears pregnancy? But now, some are throwing an entire family under the bus, and even blaming the mother, because of teen pregnancy? A mother can give her life to her child, raise her in a Christian environment, teach her right from wrong and even sacrifice her career, but ultimately the daughter makes her own choices in life. Some right...some wrong.

I know this for a fact. I have been in Bristol's shoes. I was raised by a dynamic family who taught me right from wrong, took me to church, loved me unconditionally ...but guess what...I still made my OWN bad choices. One choice that landed me in the same shoes that Bristol is currently wearing. And oh do I remember the stone throwers ready to pound me. But, I also remember a loving family who was hurting along with me. The best memory of all? A gracious, merciful, Heavenly Father who never rejected me or disowned me. Thank you sweet Jesus. (I owe Him so much).

Why do we so quickly want to throw stones?

My heart goes out to Bristol and her family. I am sure this young woman is confused and scared. I must say that I, personally, admire this young woman for choosing life for her baby.

We never fully understand until we are in the other person's shoes. So, put the stones down and pray for this family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails