Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Oh Scrap!

Many of my friends are in love with scrapbooking.  I'm not there yet, however, I stumbled across a neat and FREE resource for all those who love this hobby.  Many of the themes, stickers, etc. are free.  FREE!  Can't beat that now can ya?

Be sure to check it out: Scrapblog

Though I am not a scrapbooker (or is that scrapbookie) nor do I plan to become one anytime soon,  I did enjoy making this picture of my soon to be grand-baby for my prayer wall:

 

Here is my prayer wall where this print will go:


I ripped off this idea from an area Youth Pastor (Thanks for the idea Wint & Vicki!).  The YP had pictures of all his students decorating all four walls of his office.


Though I don't have as many pictures covering my walls as he did,  I still enjoy looking up while I am working in my office at home to see pictures of friends and family that I am praying for-- or that I have prayed for in the past.  Some of the babies that are pictured on the prayer wall are now close to two years old.  Some of the people on the prayer wall are in Heaven now worshiping Jesus.  Some of pictures represent people who are still waiting patiently for an answer.  On the wall, I have included a few letters and notes that I have received. Even included a small token gift someone gave me (a plaque that says, "The higher the hair the closer to God.") so I can remember this precious woman and pray for her when I see the gift.  Yep--there is even a poem my hubby wrote for me.  A hodge-podge of visuals reminders.  Reminders that it indeed is a privilege to join along side of people to pray for them and with them.

All in all, the items on my prayer wall are all visual reminders to me of The Lord's faithfulness.  He indeed hears our prayers and answers them each in His perfect timing.

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails