Monday, May 17, 2010

Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.


I am full of excitement this morning.  It reminds me of that Christmas morning excitement.  I am thrilled to congratulate  my precious brother, Ryan Fick and Miss Holly Allen on their recent engagement.  Our family could not be happier.  I am so proud of my brother and the Godly man he has become.  He is one of the smartest, most giving, God-loving men I know.   My brother is fourteen years younger than I am, so I have had the sheer delight of watching him grow-up.  From Teddy Ruxpin to collecting baseball cards, he has always been my little buddy.  As a teenager, I can remember him crawling down the hall of our home and banging on the door to come into my room.  He would enter the room and head right for my records (yes, you read that correctly--records.  Not CD's. lol).  He loved to scatter them on the floor and laugh and laugh until I'd kick him out and lock the door.  To which he'd sit and bang and bang until I let him back in.   Times have changed and so has our relationship.  Now, I look to him as my friend.  What a pleasure Jim and I have had watching Ryan grow into a young man  who loves and serves The Lord with his whole heart, mind and soul.  I have seen The Lord work in Ryan's life in ways I could never have imagined and I give The Lord all the glory!! 

Then there is Holly.  I could not have personally hand-picked a more amazing young woman to become his future wife. She is a loving, beautiful, Godly woman.  She is the one our family has been praying for  in faith over the years that would one day become Ryan 's wife.  She is fun and fits in with our family perfectly!!  I admire her boldness for Christ and the love she has for Him.  Jesus is her life and His joy resonates from her.  She is fun loving and so smart!   Besides--anyone with a birthday on Christmas Day has got to be a God send to our family.  (You know how much the Ficks love them some Christmas!)

We love you both and you are in our continued prayers!!!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails