Friday, November 12, 2010

Another reason I wear purple


 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  1 Corinthians 4:16

My blog post today is a topic that I have never mentioned on my blog or Facebook.  I feel that it is time for me to be real and transparent and write a post about this part of my life.  To be honest, I am not sure why I feel led to do so today, but here it goes:



Today, on Day 12, I am thankful for my fibromyalgia. (click here for more info about Fibromyalgia) After a few years of testing, I was finally diagnosed in 2009.  I have been told by several people through the years that it "is in my head" and not "real" or if I had enough faith, I'd be healed.  I beg to differ.  I know it is not in my head.  And I do have faith.  That is what makes me thankful for the fibromyalgia.  I am thankful because this condition can be a humble reminder that this old body is wasting away but that one day I will live with Christ forever and I will have a new body.  I am thankful that in my weakness, Jesus' strength is made perfect. I am thankful for my fibromyalgia because it forces me to trust The Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding.   I am thankful that He and He alone gives me strength to do all that He has called me to do regardless of what my body 'tells me'.  I am thankful the pain I experience and extreme fatigue strips me from all pride.  I am thankful that My Lord is the Ultimate Doctor in my life, Jehovah Rapha, and He guides me. I am thankful for the health that I do have as I know that it could always be worse.  I am thankful for my loving family and husband that understands the limitations that I experience.  I am thankful that I am more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus and all that I do or say can be for His glory.   

I am thankful that my fibromyalgia does not define me!!!

I am thankful that the support color for Fibro is purple--seriously is there any better color?  



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails