Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday Morning "C.C."



I just love Saturday mornings (especially when I have no place to go!).  Today is one of those days.  It is a chilly morning where I live and I am enjoying "C.C".   When my girls were younger every Saturday morning was "C.C."  It stood for "Coffee and Cartoons".  Every Friday night I would ask, "Guess what?", to which they would reply with great excitement, "What?" Then I would answer with,  "Tomorrow is C.C.!!".  We would jump around and yell with joy.   It was a blessing to spend a few hours every Saturday morning watching cartoons with the girls and drinking coffee.  (In case you are wondering, I would give them a very watered down cup of java too.)  



This morning I sat all alone (dogs in lap) enjoying my Novermber version of "C.C".  I had "coffee" in my hand and my undecorated "Christmas tree" by my side.  

After a short time, my November "C.C"  evolved to another cup of "Coffee" and my "Computer".   I was able to sit for a while and catch up on some of the blogs that I follow.  Today, I am thankful for blogs out there in  Blogville.  I am thankful for my blog friends.  Many I have never met and probably never will.  Yet, their blogs are a source of inspiration and encouragement to me.  These blogs also serve as yet another way to share prayer requests and  intercede for others.  In addition, one advantage of a blog friend is that you don't have to worry about them showing up at your front door if your house is not clean.  (joking!  well--sorta!)

I wanted to share that I found a new blog last night.  One of my friends had posted her blog post on Facebook.   This blog post really inspired me and blessed my heart.  I hope this will encourage you all as well.  Check out Wanda's blog, The Journey of My Pen and read this post called Life As Ministry.

I am also linking up to Company Girl Coffee  to get to know some of the other great ladies in Blogville. 



Okay, I am signing off now so I can continue with my "C.C". ---"Coffee" and "Cleaning".



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to "Coffee"! Cartoons...I remember those Saturday mornings. I wonder if that even happens anymore. Sounds like all the parents sign their kids up for all sorts of classes and sports these days. Anyhow, hope you got around to some cleaning. We did a bit. =)

One More Equals Four said...

Welcome to Coffee Talk. I always forego the coffee part, but love the talk part! :) Thanks for sharing your friend's blog, I'll go check it out! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, hope it is a great one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails