Monday, December 06, 2010

Simple Salty Cracker Candy

This week is our Christmas M.O.P.S. meeting.  I have only been a M.O.P.S. Mentor Mom for a few months but I really love what M.O.P.S. is all about!  On Tuesday, we will be having a Christmas Cookie Share Day!!  Mmmm, Mmmmm good!  Makes my mouth water thinking 'bout it!

I will be sharing one of my family's Christmas favorites.  My girls use to love to help me make this treat each year.   It is super "simple" and pretty cheap to make.  Here is our recipe along with some pictures. (I know..I know...I'm a Bakerella wanna be.  So much for being a Pioneer Woman wanna be since I hate to cook!  As for the pics - I figured since Jim was watching football I would be creative with the camera while making cracker candy.  To all my photographer friends, have some mercy....please.)


Salty Cracker Candy:




Ingredients:


2 sticks of butter (margarine does not work)
1 cup of sugar
1 bag of chocolate chips
2 sleeves of saltine crackers


Preheat Oven to 350




Step 1:   Line baking sheets with aluminum foil then line crackers neatly on the baking sheet.




Step 2:  In a sauce pan, bring sugar and butter to a boil.  Stir constantly for three minutes.






Step 3:   Pour sugar/butter boiling mixture on crackers and spread out evenly




Step 4:   Place crackers in oven until the sugar/butter mixture comes to a golden brown boil.  Remove from oven and spread chocolate chips on top.  



Step 5 - Let chocolate chips melt a little, then spread out over all the crackers. 






Step 6:  This step is optional.  You can add chopped pecans/walnuts.  This year I decided to add crushed candy canes to one batch.  





Step 7:  Place in refrigerator for about 2 hours (or until chocolate has hardened and candy is cool). 


Step 8:  Break into pieces, serve and enjoy!  It's that SIMPLE!






1 comment:

Mikey Fuller said...

Yum! That is one of my favorite snacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails