Sunday, January 09, 2011

Sunday Night Rambling

  This morning I taught our Ladies Bible Study Class from the book of Habakkuk.  (What a great book!  I may have a new favorite OT book.)  

 For some reason the Amplified version of Habakkuk 3:1 totally made my  week:

"A PRAYER of Habakkuk the prophet, set to wild, enthusiastic, and triumphal music."

Wild, enthusiastic and triumphal music?  Really?  No pipe organs?  No hymns? Now we're talking!  I love me a good 'ol hymn or two from time to time so please don't misunderstand me.  I'm just a gal that loves to clap (a lot!) and bust a praise move from time to time.  So this verse just made me giggle.  I couldn't help but wonder what would be on Habakkuk's Ipod play list if he were living in 2011?    Just a thought. 



Also, today was the 6th Anniversary/Birthday (still not sure which term I want to use) of  C.C.F. (our church).  Hard to believe it has been six years!!  As my man always says, "It is all God's work and we just have front row seats."



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails