Tuesday, December 13, 2011

5 Golden Rings - Day 12


I was searching my pictures tonight when I randomly came across the following video. 

My mother-in-law (MeMaw) and I had a yearly Christmas tradition where we would sing The Twelve Days of Christmas as off key as possible.  (Well, MeMaw actually sang on key--I was the "off key" one.).  For as long as I can remember, each Christmas Jordyn  would play the piano and we would sing our hearts out.   Every year without fail we would sing and pause our way through this song trying to remember each verse/day by memory.  I don't think there was ever a year that we got the verses in the correct order (except for the "five golden rings" part) but we would laugh until we cried at our attempt.  

This year MeMaw is with Jesus.  I miss her.  I will miss singing "The Tweleve Days of Christmas with her but Jordyn and I will continue this tradition in her honor.

I am thankful for the memories I had with my precious mother-in-law.  She was amazing.  A few years ago one of our friends took this video and I am thankful I found it tonight...on my Day 12 of Praise and Celebration.    





post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails