Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Beginning to look a lot like.......

Christmas in the Burton's house! Yippee!! Yesterday, on a whim, I put on my best little "sad" face and coaxed my darlin' hubby and precious teen to help me get the Christmas tree out of the attic. They begrudgingly agreeded. I even twisted Jordyn's arm to help me decorate by popping in the movie Elf. (side note: Elf is one of the best movies EVER!! Is anyone else out there sharing in "my affinity for elf culture?") Our tree is faaarrrr from fancy but it is full of many memories. I describe my tree as rather "eclectic", or even better "redneck whimsical". We have lots of cute ornaments and none of them match in color or in theme. Everything from homemade ornaments to beautiful glass ornaments don my tree.

And oh...the lights! The lights!! Lots of lights. I use both, color lights and clear lights. The load of color that sparkle and shine off the silver tinsel mesmerizes me. I love to turn off the den light and just stare at the colors that beam off the tree. Last night as I turned off the light and stared at the colors, I had one of those moments. Those "Ah ha!" moments with God. It was as if God was saying, "You ain't seen nothing yet Beck!". As beautiful as these Christmas lights are they are nothing compared to what we will see around the throne of The Lord in heaven:

At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne. 4Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. 5From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God. 6Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

I can only imagine what a glorious scene we will see one day when we pass from faith to sight and see The Lamb on His throne. The Lamb that was slain for me. For you. The Lamb who died for my sins and for your sins. The Lamb that was born in a lowly manager to die on a rugged cross. The Lamb that will rule forever and ever. The Lamb whose name is Jesus. The Name above all Names. Do you know Him? He knows you. He has a gift for you. His gift is free. His gift is eternal life in Heaven that He offers to ALL who will humble themselves and cry out to him for forgivess of their sins. He loves you so much that He laid down His ALL for you. He is love. He is truth. He is life. He is coming again (and I believe it is soon). He is my Lord and Savior and I love Him!

Merry CHRISTmas (a wee bit early!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails