Monday, June 14, 2010

Pomp and Circumstance

Congratulations to Jordyn Burton.  Our 2010 home school graduate!!!  Jim and I are so proud of Jordyn and her hard work.  Jim has been an amazing support and encouragement to me the past 12 years.  I could have never done this without his love, support, understanding and shoulder to cry on from time to time.  (Oh--of course, his support when it was time to dissect the pig fetus on the kitchen counter.  GROSS!!).   We were so excited this weekend  we just couldn't contain our happiness:


That was our "School's out for summer" dance!   Or the "happy" dance as Jordyn and I use to say when she would pass a test or finish a unit of study.  :)

What a fun filled and blessed weekend we had as we celebrated Jordyn's high school graduation.  It was a bitter-sweet time for me.  Many times over the past 12 years, I have been tempted to chase the school bus down and surrender.  I am thankful that the Lord didn't let me throw the towel in. With His help, we were able to press-on to the end.  I do not regret my decision to home school for one moment.  I would do it all over again if given the chance.  

 Here is a glimpse from our weekend celebrations:


Our 2010 graduate at our Virginia Home Educators Graduation.  


Our special little guest was with us this weekend.  She celebrated her 2 month birthday on JoJo's graduation. 

Jordyn and Chris.  It wouldn't be complete without him being there!  We love you "toot"!

Jordyn peeking out for a quick look to see if mom was bawling yet.  (and for the record, I only cried through HALF of the ceremony.)

Commencement speaker, Ken Hamm from Answers in Genesis 


We had 200 home school "kids" from all over the state take part in the graduation ceremony this year. 


(and for anyone who has ever asked, "What about socicalization??".  This pictures if for YOU!)




Jordyn with our dear friends--G Rich and Crusty C

My girls!

JoJo, Pop and Nanny (not in that exact order)

The Graduation Party


My brother's fiancée, Miss Holly Allen (soon to be  Holly Fick) 

Poppa Johnny and Jaelynn "chillin' " by the pool at the graduation party.

'Kane' (a.k.a. Elena) and baby Jaelynn.  Kane is a major prayer warrior and she couldn't wait to get her hands on the "child for whom she had prayed"......

I think the heat was starting to get to us!  You never know what will happen when you get the Burton gals together.


So commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these words of mine. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. 19 Teach them to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. 20 Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, 21 so that as long as the sky remains above the earth, you and your children may flourish in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors.  Deut. 11: 18-21

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails