Monday, November 22, 2010

My girl, my girl--talking about my girl!


Saturday’s Thanksgiving blog post was dedicated to my daughter, Jordyn, for her birthday.  Today I thought I would share about my oldest daughter, Amanda.  I am thankful for her!



Amanda is a miracle. As I have written before, I was 17 when I got pregnant with Amanda.  Being 17, in high school and frightened, my first response was to terminate the pregnancy.   I knew this was the wrong decision but I was so afraid and confused that I pressed forwarded and made an appointment for this termination to happen.  

 I am so thankful to this day that The Lord intervened with what I had planned.  I did not terminate the pregnancy but was encouraged by my amazing parents (when they found out about my situation) to choose life and have my baby.  They told me they would help me in any way they could.  They didn't reject me or turn me out.  They showed me unconditional love despite their heartbreak. I don't know where Amanda and I would be today if it had not been for The Lord and for the love and support of my parents.  (As I have written before, this was in the days before teen pregnancy was so “hip” and TV shows made teen moms superstars.   Yes, I am rolling my eye balls at this last statement.)



Amanda has always been a very strong-willed, high energy little girl.  She is the strong-willed kid that when placed on the potty during potty training—she would pull up her pants walk out of the bathroom, declare to me, “Do it myseffff” to which she would march “hersefff” back to the potty , pull down her pants and go “herseffff”. 

Amanda has always been a fantastic writer (unlike her mom) in addition to being very creative and artistic.  Her imagination always amazed me, especially the time she put a book (a very hard one at that) in her pants prior to me popping her butt.  She was in tears—from laughing --at mom who was hollering due to an aching hand.


Being a teen mom and also being a single mom for while, Amanda and I agree on the fact that we pretty much raised each other.  Considering the things we have gone through together, we think we turned out okay. 



She is a beautiful and amazing young woman, a fantastic wife and a super mommy.   I love her and am very proud of her. 



I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. Psalms 32:8

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails