Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Wild Ones


photo and mug from Christianbook.com ww173557 

Wild women---I love them and am thankful for them!  

I was reading One In A Million by Priscilla Shirer last night and here is her explanation of “wild women”:

One of the most gracious things the Lord has done for me lately is to strategically place individuals in my life who have been there to hold my hand and to help me on my journey…….. I call them “wild women”-people who pray and believe, who ask and expect, who hear me out and set me straight!!

I am thankful for my friends.  My “wild women”.  I love them each so much.  They are all very different but are each amazing women that I adore and admire.  Real life buddies.  Not just someone you hit the  “accept” button for on Facebook.   I am thankful to be surrounded by an amazing and diverse group of ladies the Lord has put in my path through the years and the ones He has recently added to my life.   

My "wild women" vary in age, skin color, educational level, size, shape, economic background.  Some are moms others are not.  Some are retired while others are college-age.  Some fly by the seat of their pants, while others are way more organized than I ever wish to be!   They vary from  fashion divas to the ones that can’t match their shoes to their purse for the life of ‘em! 
   Teachers, nurses, home school moms, secretaries, retail workers, counselors, photographers, missionaries, soldiers, marketing experts, musicians....you name it—I think I have them in my life and I am all the better because of them.


“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

Two people are better than one because together they have a good reward for their hard work. If one falls, the other can help his friend get up. But how tragic it is for the one who is all alone when he falls.  
 Ecclesiastes 4:9-10




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails