We are drawing near the end of 2010. The anticipation of Christmas is increasing! I am excited about the upcoming weekend as it is full of celebrations which happen to include my birthday (two days after Christmas). Instead of ice cream, I hope we can eat snow cream for my big day (we have a chance for some snow this weekend in our area). That would be a dream come true since I have been singing, "I'm dreaming of a White Birthday" for the past forty-something years. We will see.
As I prepare to turn another year older and we close out another year, I think of all that has happened in 2010. I am blessed and have much to be thankful for as I sit and ponder. Here is a little recap of our family's 2010. It was packed with awesomeness :
- Celebrated 20 amazing years with my precious husband in September
- The birth and miracle healing The Lord worked in our precious grand-baby Jaelynn.
Here she is with Santa at 8 months old
- The little church plant that started in our den with 20 people and 2 dogs celebrated 5 Years (click here for our story)! Love our church and love all our CCF'ers!!
- Traveled to Colorado for our little miracle grand-baby's birth. Colorado became my new favorite place on earth.
- The amazing Zulina (a.k.a. ZuZu) (Two years ago I asked Jim, "Can I get another Yorkie ?". Jim replied, (laughing) "Sure, if it is free! Me, "Okay! It's on!!". So I started to pray. After praying for two years, I received a "blessing"in April. Yep--my free Yorkie. The Lord knows the desires of our hearts. Can I get an amen? AMEN!
- It is finished! (homeschooling that is!) Though bittersweet, my 13 years of homeschooling came to an end as Miss Jordyn graduated.
- "I Do" - My baby brother married an amazing lady!
- Life's short --so enjoy it!! Girls just wanna have fun and I am no exception. Life is tough but it is what you make it! Our family is flawed with imperfections but we love Jesus and we love each other. As a result, we love "us some fun". I look forward to many more "funny faces" in 2011
The Lord has been so gracious to us and has provided for all our family needs. We have a home and we have income. Our bills are paid (for now! lol) and we have our health. We may not have much according to the world's standards, but we are blessed beyond measure. I am eternally grateful to Him, My Lord and Savior, Jesus.
I pray you and yours have a very, Merry Christmas and an amazing New Year!
Until I write again.....